Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
An outstanding opportunity is available to join Burdekin Shire Council as the Water & Wastewater Coordinator - Network operations. This is a newly created position that provides high quality management of council's water and wastewater reticulation assets.
- Lead your team and develop a working culture that is inclusive, productive and compliant
- Coordination of water and wastewater network operations
- Project management of capital and operational works
- Manage compliance with council's drinking water quality management plan
- Lead the safety culture of your team and contractors
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies for the Water & Wastewater Section
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience in water reticulation services
- A sound knowledge of water regulation and standards
- An understanding of asset management principles and practices
- Cert IV (Diploma) in Water and Waste (or equivalent) is ideal or Mechanical / Civil Engineering qualifications with relevant experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated capability to manage a medium sized team
- C Class drivers' licence and construction industry white card
Council is offering an attractive remuneration package that includes a vehicle for commuter use and 12% superannuation. This is a significant career opportunity where you will be provided the mentoring and training to be successful and develop your capabilities.
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications will close on Monday 23rd September 2019 - 5.00pm.