Technical Officer - Civil | Burdekin Shire Council | Ayr, North Queensland
- Join a highly competent professional civil design team
- Develop your career working on diverse civil projects
- Competitive remuneration package and 9-day fortnight
Develop your professional career in the planning, design and delivery of diverse infrastructure projects. The Technical Officer - Civil is a key role within Burdekin Shire Council's Technical Services team, assisting with design, drafting and technical investigations of council's civil infrastructure projects.
- Responsible for creating civil designs and detailed construction drawings for a variety of Council's civil infrastructure projects (primarily roadworks and drainage projects)
- Undertaking surveys, civil designs, design reviews, drafting, estimating, and compilation of specifications
- Contract administration, contractor and project management
- Assisting with the collection and management of road, drainage, water and sewer asset information
- Quality control on design and as-constructed plans.
Qualifications, Skills, Attributes
- Associate Degree in Engineering (Civil) or relevant tertiary qualifications.
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate technical designs, reports and design records.
- Previous experience in a similar role within local Government or similar entity.
- Experience with CAD (Autodesk preferred), Civil Design Software.
A great opportunity to make this role your own, develop your career, enjoy work life balance and contribute to the community you live in. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
The Burdekin, where unspoilt natural beauty meets a thriving rural community right on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef. From pristine beaches to exhilarating adventure sports, world-class fishing and unique cultural attractions, there is so much to discover!
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 May 2022.