Senior Project Officer | Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, QLD
- Project manage major works with positive community outcomes
- Lead community engagement and deliver project presentations
- Manage works programs for parks, cemeteries and building projects
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a 'hands on' facilities professional to lead and project manage multi-million-dollar projects that make Lockyer Valley a great place to live. As a key member of the Community Facilities Team, the Senior Project Officer coordinates resources, infrastructure projects and budgets.
Responsibilities and Opportunities
- Project manage a diverse program of works including parks, cemeteries, building projects and capital works including the coordination of tenders and quotes.
- Deliver a range of infrastructure projects on time and within budget.
- Be part of a high performing team that delivers large capital works programs.
- Deliver presentations to project stakeholders including elected members, council staff, consultants and industry experts.
- Develop your leadership skills by acting in the Manager role as required.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in project management or construction management highly regarded.
- Experience managing a range of capital works projects.
- Broad understanding of trades-based work to ensure projects are scoped and compliant with building codes and regulations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including MS Project.
Lockyer Valley is Southeast Queensland's hidden gem, nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range and just over an hour's drive from Brisbane and the Gold Coast. Lockyer Valley offers an ideal work/life balance with art galleries, cafes, wineries, markets and walking trails to explore. No matter what time of year, there's a social event to suit every family member - from motorsport events and country race days to retro, heritage and chilli festivals.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 11 October 2021.