Lead the delivery of Concept Design for the Infrastructure Services Group in Roads and Traffic, Storm water drainage and other significant civil projects.
Toowoomba Regional Council is seeking to engage a Senior Civil Designer. This role offers the opportunity to work across the full spread of urban and rural transport and drainage design projects of a large regional city.
Current projects include:
- Complex signalised intersection upgrades;
- Pipe drainage schemes;
- Major rural road rehabilitation;
- Bridge and large culvert jobs;
- School projects; and
- Town centre refurbishments and streetscapes.
The key responsibilities in the role are:
- Management of the concept design program and associated pre-construction activities prior to projects being put up for budget;
- Management of consultants and submissions from third party providers for transport and drainage infrastructure projects; and
- Liaising with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including Council staff, Service Utilities, relevant Government Agencies, etc.
Experience and Qualifications required are:
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Civil Engineering or Bachelor of Technology or Diploma, with significant practical experience;
- Well-developed skills in 12D Model and Auto CAD are essential; and
- Evidence of high-level design skills and experience including stakeholder liaison.
The Toowoomba Region
The Toowoomba region has a population of approximately 105,000 and is located within a 90-minute drive west of Brisbane. The region is forging new opportunities around the Surat Basin resource sector, education, health, transport and massive infrastructure investments. Toowoomba has twice been voted in the top 5 most family friendly cities in Australia.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package with excellent personal and professional development opportunities in the future. This is a challenging role that will allow you to work across a diverse range of projects within an organisation that has strong values and a commitment to developing it people.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Bernard Maude on 0455 528 779.
The closing date for applications is Monday 25 February 2019 at 5pm.