Roads Supervisor | Balonne Shire Council
St George, Qld
- Looking to take the next step in your Civil Construction career?
- Working for a progressive local government organisation and be supported in your career development?
- We would like to hear from you!
The Construction and Maintenance Supervisor is a key role within the Council's Infrastructure Services team and is responsible for supervising the construction and maintenance of Council's road and street works (including drainage) by Council's day labour workforce and sub-contractors. You will manage your work group with a focus on safety, operational compliance and work quality.
Key Duties and Opportunities
- Become an integral member of the Balonne Shire Council work force in a supervisory role.
- Ability to advance your career within a respected organisation.
- Assist in planning, managing and providing leadership, including coordination of operations and performance.
- Project management.
- Planning and prioritising work.
- Gaining an understanding of budgets.
- Ability to multitask - varied and different projects.
- Continue to develop a strong safety culture.
- Working a 9-day fortnight.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in a similar role or demonstrated desire to advance your capabilities to a supervisory level;
- Qualifications relevant to the role - very desirable (Cert IV Civil Construction);
- A good understanding of Asset Management processes (very desirable);
- Demonstrated experience in leading a positive safety culture;
- Project management;
- Demonstrated leadership qualities;
- High level of customer service and communication skills;
- Competency in Microsoft office applications;
- Previous experience utilising Reflect technology (or similar) very desirable;
- C Class open, manual driver's license; and
- Construction Industry Safety induction (White card).
Council is offering professional stimulation, growth and opportunity, and an industry competitive remuneration package that includes the use of a fully maintained vehicle for commuter use, in addition to significant salary sacrificing and regional location benefits.
It is preferable that the successful applicant is willing to relocate to the local region.
Working and Living in the Region
The Balonne Shire has a population of 4,500 and serves the communities of St George, Thallon, Dirranbandi, Bollon, Nindigully, Mungindi, and Hebel. St George is located five hours' drive west of Brisbane on the Queensland-NSW border and has an area of 31,119 square kilometres. The Balonne Shire Council staff complement is approximately 83 with an annual operational budget of approximately $27M.
Balonne Shire has a strong focus on creating vibrant and sustainable communities. The council is committed to delivering inclusive community programs that promote healthy lifestyles, safe communities and a celebration of the region's arts and culture.
The council has a strategic approach to its investment in infrastructure to drive growth in business and industry. The organisation is keen to embrace emerging technologies to bring new opportunities to business, agriculture and communities, and recognises that long-term sustainability will be achieved through investment attraction and diversification and collaboration with stakeholders.
The Shire is attractive to young families, with higher than average percentages of people in these age groups. Balonne Shire Council's Administration Centre is located in the township of St George. The town has all the facilities for a comfortable rural lifestyle including a modern hospital and a wide range of schooling options. The Balonne River provides many of the town's leisure activities such as a peaceful river walk, an evening river cruise and water sport opportunities such as water skiing.
Looking for a tree change? Consider working and living in this beautiful shire. Balonne Shire Council offers competitive remuneration, work/life balance, and the chance for you to make a difference in your local community. Swap the long commutes and stop lights for laid back country living in a vibrant community.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 20th July 2020.