Project Manager | Cook Shire Council
Cooktown, Far North Qld
- Deliver infrastructure projects across the Cook Shire region.
- Work with a highly motivated team.
- Enjoy work life balance in Far North QLD.
The Project Manager will assist in the timely and successful delivery of multiple capital works projects for Cook Shire Council. The key focus is to ensure that projects are contractually, operationally and financially aligned in accordance with the engineering departmental guidelines.
- Manage complex civil projects and demonstrate best practice throughout the project lifecycle in accordance with organisational guidelines.
- Collaborate, problem solve and negotiate with stakeholders to ensure agreed deliverables are met within scope, time and cost.
- Identify, report and escalate any potential or actual variations to project scope, cost or schedule in a timely manner.
- Provide accurate technical advice and solutions for infrastructure project issues.
- Prepare project documents for approval to support funding and/or acquittal requirements in relation to government grants.
- Proactively seek ways to improve the effectiveness of the project team's ability to deliver projects efficiently.
- Drive a strong and compliant safety culture and ensure professional standards are maintained through continuous improvement of quality processes.
- Respond to development applications as allocated by the engineering manager.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Tertiary qualifications in Project Management and/or Civil Engineering, with demonstrated experience in the construction industry, preferably in a local government or related work environment.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of capital works projects.
- Effective negotiating skills and the ability to manage priorities in a changing environment.
- Work collaboratively to support team engagement and high performance.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands and priorities.
Council is offering a two-year fixed term contract, attractive remuneration package, that includes 12% superannuation, generous relocation expenses, and professional development.
Cooktown is a remote coastal town surrounded by stunning scenery. It is also Australia's closest town to the Great Barrier Reef. Pristine beaches, incredible mountain views, cascading waterfalls, and great fishing are just some of the amazing experiences to be enjoyed in this small, friendly and welcoming town.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell 0407 164 600.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 7 May 2021.