Project Engineer | Dubbo Regional Council
- Work / life balance - optional 19-day month
- Develop your Civil Engineering career
- Dubbo - NSW fastest growing inland city
The Project Engineer will be supported by a professional and technically competent team in the planning, delivery and project management of roads, bridges and related infrastructure projects.
Council is seeking a Civil Engineering professional who can hit the ground running in the preplanning, technical oversight and project management of significant infrastructure projects for the Dubbo region.
- Provide Project Management and Contract Management services for the Infrastructure Division.
- Prepare project estimates and management system documents based on plans, specifications and industry standards.
- Management of the Roads Maintenance Council Contract (RMCC).
- Prepare contracts, tenders and specifications.
- Preparation of project plans, estimates and job packages.
- Complying with legislation, standards, policies and procedures and the operational aspects of capital works project delivery.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline and demonstrated sound knowledge and experience in civil engineering project/contract delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within Local Government or related entity.
- Experience in managing Roads Maintenance Council Contracts (RMCC).
- Strong working knowledge of legislation relating to road and transport services, asset management, and contract management.
- Ability to professionally interact with a range of customers in a courteous and professional manner.
Working and living in the Region
Dubbo Regional Council offers excellent working conditions, including an optional 19 day working month, vehicle lease back options and supports and encourages its employees with training and professional development opportunities. Dubbo is a major regional service centre and has become a vital commercial, industrial and administrative hub for the New South Wales Central West.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell - 0407 164 600
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 22 August 2022.