Manager Water Services | Narrabri Shire | Narrabri, NSW
- Lead a technical team in the delivery of water services for the Narrabri region
- Contribute to the long-term strategy of water and wastewater services
- Competitive remuneration package, salary sacrificing options and flex time
Lead operational and maintenance activities for water and wastewater systems in the Narrabri Shire.
The Manager Water Services is a leadership role with a strong focus on team development and technical advice regarding quality, compliance and management of water and wastewater services. As the Manager Water Services, you will develop, implement and monitor environmentally compliant services and sustainable work practices for Narrabri Shire Council
- Lead, develop and mentor an operational work team with a focus on productivity, compliance and community service.
- Operational oversight of council resources and assets in the delivery of council's water services capital and maintenance programmes.
- Stakeholder engagement, building strong and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders, business industry bodies and regulators.
Personal Attributes and Qualifications
- Suitable tertiary qualifications will be well regarded, but substantial experience in the management of water operations in a Local Government or similar environment is essential.
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to prioritise effectively.
- Management experience in a similar role.
- Team player who will collaborate, mentor and share knowledge with peers.
- Considerable technical expertise in the delivery and compliance of water and wastewater operations and services.
The Narrabri Shire Council is an organisation that values its people, its community and provides high quality services to the local region. Council is offering a competitive remuneration package with excellent additional benefits.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information package and apply, or contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 for a confidential discussion about the role.
Applications close 5pm Monday 19 July 2021.