Whitsunday Regional Council is looking to appoint a Manager Waste Services, reporting to the Director Customer Experience.
The position plays a key role in providing strategic direction, expert technical advice and leadership to the high performing Waste Business Unit to achieve operational and corporate objectives.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead the operational and strategic direction of the business unit, ensuring efficiency, cost effectiveness, safety and exceptional customer service are the priority
- Provide specialist advice on Waste Management matters for Council and other stakeholders
- Manage all waste contracts in the region
- Coordinate and implement waste management projects
- Build a high-performance team who are results orientated
Skills and experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental science, Environmental Management or an equivalent qualification that is relevant to this field
- Experience in environmental compliance
- Background in capital works projects including the construction of new landfill cells
- Financial skills and experience
- Experience leading and developing a high-performance team
The Whitsunday Regional Council is located in one of Queensland's key tourism, agriculture and trade regions with important assets including Airlie Beach and the Whitsunday Islands, a thriving horticultural sector and significant trade-supporting transport infrastructure. The Council serves a community of 35,500 located in the major community centres of Bowen, Proserpine, Collinsville and Airlie Beach. Renowned for its relaxed lifestyle, the region boasts beaches, rainforests and large tracts of national parkland.
A competitive remuneration package is on offer along with learning and development programs, flexible work policies and mentoring. The position is offered as a permanent full-time contract.
For further information, download the Briefing Pack for this role or for a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker on 0411 449 447.