Manager Waste and Environment |
Mount Isa City Council | Mount Isa
- Lead waste and resource recovery projects
- Build team capabilities and drive changes to enhance service delivery
- Project manage the construction of the new Materials Recovery Facility
Mount Isa City Council is about to embark on a transformational resource recovery and waste management journey commencing with the construction of a Materials Recovery Facility over the next 12 months and a total overhaul of its approach to waste management.
Mount Isa City Council is seeking an experienced waste management professional to lead a large capital works program that will place Mount Isa at the forefront of resource recovery innovation.
As the Manager Waste and Environment, you will lead the environmental team, liaise with government agencies and resource recovery organisations and work closely with the community to reduce waste and environmental impact.
With a cutting-edge approach to waste management, the Manager Waste and Environment will project manage waste and resource recovery projects and regulatory services to ensure compliance with legislation and environmental standards.
- Lead the design, operations, and implementation of capital works program
- Bring expertise to the strategic and operational leadership of Council's Waste and Environment group
- Lead the design operations and implementation of council's new Materials Recovery Facility
- Inspire direction and purpose in leading and developing a service delivery team.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to waste management
- Significant experience in a similar role within local government or related entity
- Adaptable and proactive focus on continual business improvements
- Sound communication skills to foster a strong customer service approach
- Influential and strong negotiation skills to liaise with commercial stakeholders
This is a three year fixed term opportunity for an experienced waste management professional to leave a lasting legacy for the Mount Isa community by putting in place industry leading resource recovery and waste management practices. Mount Isa City Council is offering a generous remuneration package with subsidised accommodation, up to 12% superannuation, private use vehicle and excellent career development opportunities.
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 August 2021.