An outstanding career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for a Manager Planning and Development.
This leadership role holds responsibility for a broad suite of Council's future-focused corporate objectives across strategic land use planning, business and performance improvement, development facilitation and stakeholder engagement.
This is a full time role for 3 years.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Lead and develop a team of 15 highly skilled professionals;
- Build a culture of innovation, engagement, performance and customer service; and
- Offer strong technical, operational and strategic leadership, both within Council and with its stakeholders.
Essential knowledge and experience include:
- Broad technical skills in strategic and development planning;
- Innovative, outward focus, strong customer service drive, development facilitative mindset;
- Experience of team leadership, development of teams and creation of a culture of performance and customer service;
- Experience of project and programme management; and
- Outstanding stakeholder engagement skills.
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 40,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and has an annual budget of $56M.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependent on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600 or
Applications will close on Monday 5th November 2018 at 5pm.