Manager Information and Knowledge Management| Whyalla City Council |Whyalla, SA
- Develop and implement contemporary IT strategies and initiatives
- Improve the customer experience and promote business excellence
- Lead transformational change
The Whyalla City Council is seeking an innovative IT professional to lead Information and Knowledge Management initiatives to improve IT performance across Council.
Reporting to the Director Corporate, this key position sits within Council's senior leadership team and will play a crucial part in the delivery of contemporary IT strategies that align with the strategic and operational needs of the Council.
With a future-focused approach, the Manager Information and Knowledge Management will lead transformational change, deliver strategies to improve the customer experience and performance across Council. The position will contribute to strengthening Council's culture of learning, collaboration and evidence-based decision making.
Opportunities and challenges
- Develop a contemporary IT strategy to improve Council's service delivery.
- Contribute to IT transformation, through new programs, systems, and processes.
- Provide solutions to how information is stored and retrieved.
- Lead transformational change, mentor, and motivate the team to provide exceptional service.
- Prioristise system improvements and source funding for IT upgrades.
Qualifications, skills, and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in IT or a business-related field.
- Developing an IT strategy and improving customer experience.
- Analysing information, scenario modeling, and presenting complex information.
- Leading transformational change from both a business and people perspective.
- Highly developed communication skills to consult with a broad range of stakeholders.
Whyalla City Council values diversity and teamwork. This is a great opportunity to join a values-based organisation, and contribute to the community. Whyalla is on an upward trajectory, with future-focused infrastructure projects that will improve services for the community and enhance tourism opportunities for the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application. Applications close at 5 pm Monday 7 March 2022.