Manager Commercial Services | Richmond Valley Council Casino, NSW
- Lead waste and resource recovery strategy and services
- Bring a commercial focus to waste management
- Project manage the Energy from Waste Program
Richmond Valley Council is embarking on a transformational resource recovery and waste management journey. The Manager Commercial Services will support Council's pursuit of opportunities to secure alternate waste treatment facilities to reuse, recycle and recover energy from all waste streams including strategically managing the development of any potential energy from waste facility for the New South Wales North Coast region.
As the Manager Commercial Services, you will play a key leadership role in a variety of internal businesses including council's Waste and Resource Recovery Department and Quarries. Your first priority project is the commercial direction of Richmond Valley Council's waste and resource recovery business and identifying innovative and financially viable strategies to reduce landfill.
- Lead Council's commercial focus for waste management and resource recovery strategies.
- Project manage and strategically lead the NSW Government's Energy from Waste Program for the North Coast region.
- Bring your waste management expertise, strategy, and planning capabilities.
- Work with an engaged and forward-thinking management team.
- Be supported in your career development and option to work a 19-day month.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to waste management and resource recovery service delivery.
- Adaptable and commercial focus on continual business improvements.
- Significant experience in a similar role within local government, private sector, or related entity.
- Sound communication skills to foster a strong customer service approach.
- Influential and strong negotiation skills to liaise with commercial stakeholders.
Richmond Valley Council is offering a competitive remuneration package including private use vehicle. This role is based in Casino, a welcoming community in close proximity to Tweed Heads, Byron Bay and Lismore.
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 6 December 2021.