Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
This is an ideal time to join Cook Shire Council in the position of Manager Assets as they continue to develop their Asset Management strategies for the local region. You will have the ability to develop your career within an organisation committed to high quality services and potentially leave a legacy of sustainable Asset Management systems and processes for the future. If you're looking for a work location that offers great lifestyle and adventure opportunities this is possibly the job for you, located in Cook Town, Far North Queensland.
The Manager Assets leads Council's asset management function and provides asset management services by developing, implementing and reviewing asset management policies, processes, strategies, plans and programs. You will also provide guidance and advice for asset life cycle management to support Council's Vision and Mission.
To be successful in this role you will possess sound practical knowledge of Asset Management processes within a local government environment (or similar) and have the ability to lead and manage a diverse asset management team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Experience in or demonstrated ability in leading a team and managing operations within a Local Government civil engineering environment;
- Demonstrated expertise in sustainable Asset Management practices and project delivery;
- The ability to lead, develop and manage a team;
- Experience in the development and management of budgets;
- Bring innovation and best practice processes to your work;
- A genuine desire to live and work in North Queensland; and
- High level communication skills in both written and verbal formats.
Experience and Qualifications required:
- Bachelor's degree or higher qualification in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification in a related field together with asset management experience;
- Asset Management and or Project Management qualifications - desirable;
- At least 5 years demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Demonstrated experience in the development and management of budgets; and
- C Class open driver's License.
About the Council
Cook Shire is the largest land area Shire in Queensland covering 106,000km2 and encompassing some 80% of the Cape York Peninsula region of Far North Queensland. Employment with Council offers stability and security, combined with a balanced, tropical lifestyle that comes with living in the region.
Council is offering an excellent salary, as well as 12% superannuation and significant salary sacrifice entitlements.
For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Apply with your CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the selection criteria in the Information Pack. Applications should be provided in Word (.doc or .docx) format.
The application period for this role ends on Monday 6th May 2019 at 5pm.