Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a qualified and self-motivated ICT professional with at least five-years' experience in managing and delivering projects for its Information Services Project Management Officer.
The main requirement of this role is to effectively provide project management services for a variety of Council's information and technology related projects in an efficient and customer focused manner.
Your focus will be on outcomes and you will inspire your team mates for the same, developing a culture of performance and effective service delivery. A solid working history of managing and balancing resources and budgets is critical for success in this role and experience in Local Government will be highly considered.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Develop plans and budgets to manage and implement ICT infrastructure, software, and technology adoption projects to enable Council to deliver timely, efficient and customer-focused services.
- Liaise with hardware, software and services vendors to ensure success of projects.
- Contribute to the development, preparation and delivery of ICT related education programs and information sessions to maximise the success of projects.
- Actively contribute to the ongoing continuous development and improvement of Council's Information, Communications, and Technology systems and services.
- Actively contribute to the Information Services team and project teams to develop and motivate team members, promoting an environment that supports team building, skills development and career progression.
- Lead the development and completion of project implementation plans, detailed project plans, schedules, budgets, progress reports, issue registers, communication plans, change management plans, project plan reviews, and project completion reviews.
- Effective prioritisation of projects, project scope changes, issue management and problem management including the escalation of issues to the relevant team members, teams and suppliers when appropriate.
- Effective development, handover, and training of documented operational changes when handing a successful project over to the operational support team.
- Effectively plan and deliver stakeholder engagement activities including facilitating the analysis, prioritisation, validation, documentation and communication of business requirements.
- Report on emerging issues, critical project matters and training requirements to the Manager Information Services and other project team members as required to raise awareness within the team.
Essential knowledge and experience include advanced technical knowledge of technology implementation, advanced project management skills, analytical research skills, formal report writing skills, contract and change management, advanced budgeting and risk management.
- Self-Motivated with an innovation, outcomes and customer service focus approach
- Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders
- The ability to appraise both strategically and technically
- Ability to lead and develop project teams
- Lockyer Valley Regional Council core ICT systems operate on mostly Microsoft platforms and productivity suites, with Technology One solutions for business systems and various other applications to provide specific solutions.
Education and Qualifications required
- Project Management Diploma, Certificate, Prince2 Agile or Similar or significant proven experience
- Local Government experience is an advantage
- C Class Drivers Licence
- Qualification in Technology - Degree, Certificate, MCP, MCSE, ITIL or similar or significant proven experience
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependant on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For a detailed position description and to apply for this role, please visit our website http://www.leadingroles.com.au/job-search/ or contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
Applications will close on Monday 9th July 2018 at 5pm.