North Burnett Regional Council | Governance, Policy and Risk Advisor | Gayndah
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking an experienced local government governance professional to provide expertise and advice to the CEO and elected member group and governance capability development to the organisation.
The council's CEO is seeking a local government professional who understands that governance is an enabler of high performance. This position will be a key influencer of culture and contributor to the performance transformation of the organisation.
- Ensure Council is meeting all legislative compliance requirements and provide sound governance frameworks to ensure there is a culture of strong and transparent management accountability.
- Facilitate the planning, development, implementation, maintenance and review of a range of governance systems and processes.
- Lead a number of key governance activities including risk management, insurances, complaints, Public Interest Disclosures, delegations, RTI's, local laws review, statutory reporting requirements, policy framework and governance systems.
Qualifications, Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position and / or relevant extended experience in a similar role.
- High-level negotiation, analytical and problem-solving, prioritising and time management skills.
- Astute, experienced and with a working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements with a focus on compliance and audit requirements.
To be successful in the role, the Governance and Risk Advisor must engage actively with the organisation and have a focus on achieving the organisation's goals in a safe, legal and compliant way.
The CEO will value the services of a governance professional who clearly understands that governance is an enabler of good business, and takes a facilitative, business performance and delivery-focused approach.
Working and living in the Region
As a local government in a large regional area, North Burnett covers 19,708 square kilometres, Council offers an exciting lifestyle and challenging career opportunities. Surrounded by natural beauty, the North Burnett region offers a relaxed and rural lifestyle with low cost of living and easy access to essential services.
North Burnett Regional Council is constantly looking for ways to improve, innovation and ideas are welcomed. Council understands that its continued success depends on hard-working, talented and innovative individuals, who want to make a difference in an organisation and in their careers.
Situated in the north-western corner of the thriving Wide Bay Burnett Region, the North Burnett is well-known for its strengths in agriculture, specifically fruit production and livestock production and also its, timber industry, manufacturing, mining, and food and beverage processing.
The North Burnett is located in the northern catchment of the Burnett River and is approximately four hours drive north of Brisbane and one hour west of Bundaberg. The region encompasses six main townships - Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mt Perry and Mundubbera which service around twenty-five villages and farming catchments. The region boasts rugged landscapes, healthy waterways, historical trails and sites, a window into the workings of rural communities and wonderful friendly people.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 8 June 2020.