Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a Forecast Analyst to provide strategic advice around future demands of Council assets and resources.
Working within the Strategic Asset Performance team you will be required to report on insights into the future direction of Council assets, providing forecasting information on future population, weather forecasts and asset consumption.
- Analysis of census data and forecasted population numbers to assist in the development of long term infrastructure plans
- Develop, review and maintain forecast demand models for Council
- Forecast annual and five-yearly demands for water and electricity purchases
- Utilise data for forecast and track water loss annually
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the position
- Highly proficient in SQL and MS Excel
- Experience analysing data
- Understanding of Local Government asset classes
- Understanding of asset management principles
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council is looking for enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future.
Council offers its employees great incentives including Council has flexible superannuation options (up to 12% for eligible employees), salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.