Environmental Team Leader | North Burnett Regional Council | Gayndah, Queensland
North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Environmental Team Leader. This role will lead a small and competent team in the delivery of environmental services and projects.
The council has a high focus on innovation and best practice, and you will have the opportunity to apply this focus and your skills to the organisation's environmental services and statutory obligations.
If you're looking to take the next step into leadership a role within Environmental services, this could be the position for you. Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that includes a vehicle for commuter use, 9 day working fortnight, while being supported in your professional development.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Benefits of the Role
- Have input to council's 10-year Waste Management Strategy Plan
- Foundational management role - develop your skills in a supportive and innovation-focused working environment.
- Working a 9-day fortnight
- Actively contribute to the sustainability of the local region
About the Person
- Have a strong background in waste management
- Have sound knowledge of natural resource management
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Possess excellent communication skills in both written and verbal formats
- Demonstrated leadership behaviours that will inspire and develop your team
- A strong desire to advance your career
- Possess practical experience in a similar role
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards, legislation and processes
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Health and / or qualifications in Environmental Management or Environmental Engineering
- Demonstrated experience in environmental health and waste management strategies
- High level computer-based systems skills, including business related application software.
Working and living in the Region
As a local government in a large regional area, North Burnett covers 19,708 square kilometres, Council offers an exciting lifestyle and challenging career opportunities. Surrounded by natural beauty, the North Burnett region offers a relaxed and rural lifestyle with low cost of living and easy access to essential services.
North Burnett Regional Council is constantly looking for ways to improve, innovation and ideas are welcomed. Council understands that its continued success depends on hard-working, talented and innovative individuals, who want to make a difference in an organisation and in their careers.
Situated in the north-western corner of the thriving Wide Bay Burnett Region, the North Burnett is well-known for its strengths in agriculture, specifically fruit production and livestock production and also its, timber industry, manufacturing, mining, and food and beverage processing.
The North Burnett is located in the northern catchment of the Burnett River and is approximately four hours' drive north of Brisbane and one-hour west of Bundaberg. The region encompasses six main townships - Biggenden, Eidsvold, Gayndah, Monto, Mt Perry and Mundubbera which service around twenty-five villages and farming catchments. The region boasts rugged landscapes, healthy waterways, historical trails and sites, a window into the workings of rural communities and wonderful friendly people.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 10th February 2020