Experienced Asset Management Engineer
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a qualified Engineer to provide engineering input into the delivery of asset operation, maintenance and renewal strategies to maximise the value of Council's assets.
This newly created role will require you to identify and set operation and maintenance strategies that meet agreed customer service levels, whilst reducing the whole of life costs.
Council is focused on improving its services to its customers and prides itself on organisational performance and outcomes. As an Engineer you will have the opportunity to work across a number of collaborative projects, assessing sustainability and performance of assets and work to implement new operation and maintenance strategies as well as identify renewal options.
- Provide engineering input in the delivery of asset operation, maintenance and renewal strategies
- Develop unit rates for operation and maintenance of assets.
- Ensure environment, water quality and safety requirements are met
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
- Certified Associate in Asset Management (or ability to rapidly acquire)
- Experience managing Council assets and understanding of performance standards across all Council asset classes
- Experience in assessing conditions of assets and setting operation and maintenance strategies
- Experience in condition monitoring methods, trend analysis, researching historical trends and investigation of abnormal characteristics
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council offers its employees great incentives including flexible superannuation options (up to 12% for eligible employees), salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Sam McCaul on 0407 631 610.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 16th July 2018.