Fraser Coast Regional Council is seeking a Director Development and Community.
- Executive leadership role, change management, team and culture development
- Strong stakeholder engagement opportunities at community, business and government levels
- Career defining project opportunities, including community planning and major urban renewal
This is a highly engaging and professionally stimulating role, providing leadership, strategic direction and management to all aspects of the Council's development, planning, community, regulatory and recreation services functions.
The Director is a key member of the Council's highly regarded executive leadership team and contributes to the strategy and leadership of the organisation. The council is undergoing a culture change programme, and the Director will be a visible, decisive and active leader in the creation of a positive and values-based culture.
This is a highly strategic change leadership role and skills and experience in change management, stakeholder engagement and policy setting, and engaging their team in the work of the Directorate will be essential.
The Directorate is undertaking several exciting projects, including:
- Review and reform of the Development Group's policy, service and engagement framework, focusing on performance, relationships and outstanding development outcomes;
- Community planning, using the principles of deliberative democracy for the 13 communities in the region;
- the development of The Hervey Bay CBD and Knowledge Precinct;
- Urangan Harbour and Marina redevelopment;
- Introducing ePlanning; and,
- Masterplanning of the Esplanade and the development of the Foreshore Management Plan.
Experience in executive leadership in local government, and a working history that demonstrates your ability to foster an environment of organisational performance, customer service and collaboration is essential.
The Fraser Coast sits at the crossroads of the Wide Bay Burnett, one of Australia's fastest-growing regions. This ideal location and affordable relaxed lifestyle, coupled with a diverse industrial base, creates exciting opportunities.
Please click on the link below to download the Information Pack for this role, click on Apply Now to apply or with specific questions contact Mark Ogston on 0407 674 412.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 16th July 2018.