Coordinator Development Assessment
Lockyer Valley Regional Council | Gatton, Qld
Lead and manage a team in the delivery of development assessment services for Lockyer Valley.
The Coordinator Development Assessment will lead the Development Assessment Team (including Development Engineering) to ensure development assessments in the region are consistent with Lockyer Valley Regional Council's planning scheme, design standards, policies, local laws and other statutory requirements.
This is an ideal time to join the team at Lockyer Valley Regional Council and foster a commitment to quality and performance. The Lockyer Valley region is experiencing significant growth and council is committed to providing services to the community and industry for a sustainable future.
- Supervise, mentor and coordinate development assessment staff within a team environment
- Maintain and improve the current focus of the team from a regulatory focus to being enablers of development in the region.
- Manage workloads, operational plans and budgets to ensure accuracy, consistency and timeliness.
- Be proactive and innovative to achieve high quality, consistent and sustainable planning outcomes.
Skills and Attributes required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Urban and Regional Planning (or relevant discipline).
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills, cultural awareness and the ability to prioritise key objectives effectively.
- Sound understanding of contemporary development assessment solutions that ensure compliance with the relevant legislation and statutory requirements and Council's planning scheme.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, mentor and inspire a team of DA professionals.
- Ability to collaborate and negotiate with a broad range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong organisational, time management and project management skills with ability to work under pressure, coordinate teams and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to understand and work within financial and budgeting procedures.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package, supported by a professional development program.
Working and living in the Region
Nestled at the foot of the Great Dividing Range, the Lockyer Valley is home to not only farming and agriculture but also town and country living with top class restaurants, art galleries, stunning national parks and bushwalking trails. Renowned for tranquil rural settings, the Lockyer Valley is the ideal destination for people looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close: 5pm Monday 16th November 2020.