Chief Financial Officer | Cook Shire Council
Cooktown, Far North Queensland
- Lead strategic financial direction
- Build organisational performance in financial management
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the finance team
Cook Shire Council is seeking a Chief Financial Officer to lead Council's financial strategy and operational performance and build financial sustainability. With a key focus on long term financial planning, the CFO will offer expertise to the organisation and lead a high-performing finance team to enhance organisational capability.
Reporting to the Director Organisational Business Services, the CFO will provide timely advice to the Executive Leadership team and Council on financial matters to support the effective delivery of Council programs and services.
- Develop a financial strategy aimed at improving Council's overall long term financial position.
- Develop and monitor control systems to ensure compliance with statutory, best practice and reporting requirements that also facilitate long term financial planning.
- Establish and lead a high-performance team to deliver innovative services and business improvements across all areas of financial management.
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Accounting, Commerce or Business and membership of a recognised accounting body (CPA or CA).
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret and apply relevant Federal and State Government legislation, particularly in the areas of financial management
- Strong skills and expertise in financial management and reporting and accounting standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a finance professional to join a future-focused council that supports professional development opportunities and career growth.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 13 September 2021.