An exciting career opportunity is available with Lockyer Valley Regional Council for a Catchment Project Officer to join the Environment and Pest business unit for a two-year term. This role has become available due to the existing officer taking a promotion within the organisation.
24 Month Maximum Term Contract
The main requirement of this role is to deliver projects under the Resilient Rivers Initiative and Lockyer Catchment Action Plan. You will have excellent community engagement capabilities and the drive to deliver projects in a timely and proactive manner.
Key duties and responsibilities will include;
- Identify, initiate, formulate, manage, implement, monitor, evaluate and report on projects under the Resilient Rivers Initiative and Lockyer Catchment Action Plan.
- Ensure projects are designed and implemented to achieve the goals of the Resilient Rivers Initiative and Lockyer Catchment Action Plan.
- Ensure projects are undertaken in accordance with relevant legislation, regulation, policies, plans, procedures and other requirements as appropriate.
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and within scope and budget.
Essential knowledge and experience include;
- Ability to identify catchment issues and develop, implement and review policies, plans, strategies and projects.
- Well-developed investigative, technical, research and analytical skills.
- Minimum of 5 years-experience in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Catchment Management, Geomorphology or related discipline.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental or Civil Engineering, Environmental Management or relevant approved discipline.
- A reasonable understanding of Geomorphology principals
It is essential the incumbent has excellent technical skills, expertise, operational knowledge and capabilities in the areas of catchment management, civil/environmental engineering, and project management.
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependant on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applicants must have full working rights to work in Australia.
Applications will close on Monday 10th December 2018 at 5pm.