Bring leadership experience and technical expertise and build the systems, capability and performance of Ipswich City Council's asset management discipline. The Assets Manager will develop an integrated, proactive change strategy to improve systems, build organisational capability and lead a transformation program in the management of the council's assets.
Ipswich City Council is seeking a strategic Assets Manager with strong technical capability and well-developed communication skills to develop, articulate and implement the vision and future direction of the management of assets across the organisation. Reporting to the Manager, Assets and Portfolio Management, and leading a team of five technical specialists, the Assets Manager will develop frameworks for asset management and engage with the organisation to build awareness, knowledge and capability.
Key responsibilities are:
- Contribute to the effective delivery of the asset management lifecycle by integrating and developing asset management principles and practices across council to support long term sustainable delivery of services to the community.
- Implement change management strategy to effectively engage with staff across the organisation and coordinate the development of a whole-of-council approach to asset management.
- Provide leadership of the Asset Management team and the planning and delivery of its projects and services.
- Support the management of assets through the development of contemporary policies, procedures, processes and technologies.
Contemporary asset management experience and qualifications are essential for this role, including:
- Qualifications in Civil Engineering, Asset Management or Construction Management
- RPEQ, or ability to obtain, desirable
- Demonstrated leadership, organisational and people management skills
- Experience in change management highly desirable
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced asset manager with the leadership skills and technical expertise to influence the future direction and sustainability of a complex, multi-billion-dollar civil asset portfolio.
Living and working in Ipswich
Ipswich is Queensland's oldest provincial city and one of Australia's fastest growing and most vibrant regions. From fine dining and a lively laneway coffee scene to award-winning art galleries and boutique shopping in heritage listed buildings, Ipswich is a treasure trove layered with history and culture.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
For a confidential discussion please contact Belinda Walker - 0411 449 447. Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 26 October 2020.