Strategic Procurement Coordinator | North Burnett Regional Council | Mundubbera, Qld
2 Year Fixed Term, Full-time
If your expertise is procurement and compliance, this is a new opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Coordinator to develop and drive the strategic direction of procurement reform for North Burnett Regional Council.
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Strategic Procurement Coordinator will review organisational procurement strategies, identify opportunities to improve policies, procedures and frameworks and drive procurement capability across the organisation.
- Develop and communicate standards for procurement capability, processes, systems and governance
- Develop a standard contract management methodology and oversee implementation across the organisation.
- Provide expertise and support, to all departments, at various stages of the procurement cycle to ensure compliance
Qualifications, Personal Attributes and Experience:
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position and / or relevant extended experience in a similar role
- High-level negotiation, analytical and problem-solving, prioritising and time management skills
- Astute, experienced and with a working knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements with a focus on compliance and audit requirements.
Living in the Region
Surrounded by mountain ranges, farmlands and colourful citrus orchards, the North Burnett region offers a rewarding and social lifestyle, where you can be as active or as relaxed as you choose to be!
The Australian Bicentennial National Trail runs through the North Burnett region, winding its way across wilderness terrain, natural rainforests and spectacular national parks. Enjoy a picnic on the Burnett riverbank where you might just spot a platypus or go 4WD exploring through the rugged landscape of Cania Gorge. The North Burnett region has a strong connection with its rural background, friendly towns and country hospitality.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm on Monday 23rd March 2020