Manager Rural Services and Compliance | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Lead and Influence strategy and direction with internal and external stakeholders
- Deliver sustainable solutions to environmental challenges
- Two-year full-time contract; opportunity for extension subject to funding
As the Manager Rural Services and Compliance, you will report to the Director Community and Environmental Services and perform a key role within Balonne Shire Council and the region. This is a multi-faceted position covering natural resource management, biosecurity, stock route management and local law enforcement. With a strategic approach, you will develop policies and plans that have environmental, agricultural, and economic benefits and lead and manage, a multi-disciplinary team of six.
- Natural resource management, biosecurity and stock route management, ensuring positive engagement with all users of stock routes, neighbouring landholders, Government departments, Indigenous organisations, NGOs and community members
- Managing local laws and other legislative compliance
Qualifications, knowledge and experience:
- Experience managing staff, budgets, projects and contracts
- Build and maintain relationships with diverse stakeholders from government, industry and community sectors
- Expertise and experience in natural resource management
- Expertise in agricultural disciplines and/or compliance desirable
- Applying legislation to policies, plans, procedures and work practices
- Research, secure and mange grants and funding
- Continue to develop and lead teams and processes that deliver positive and effective outcomes
- Relevant tertiary qualifications
- Relevant licences, certifications or ability to obtain
- Current C Class drivers' licence
The position is being offered as a two-year, fixed term full-time contract that may be extended if funding permits. Regardless of your career stage, this is a genuine opportunity to be part of a vibrant regional community. Balonne Shire Council is committed to providing excellent services to the region and Council offers training and professional development, competitive remuneration and work/life balance. The 'Welcome to Balonne' lifestyle pack can be viewed here.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 13 June 2022.