Works Supervisors (3 Positions) | Barcaldine Regional Council
- Lead construction and maintenance work teams
- Develop your civil construction career in Central West QLD
- Competitive remuneration package and increased earning potential with overtime
Barcaldine Regional Council is seeking two Maintenance Works Supervisors and one Construction Works Supervisor to oversee a pipeline of works projects. These are leadership roles within the works division, supervising construction and maintenance of community infrastructure and managing Council's day labour workforce and sub-contractors.
- Team leadership of Council's day-to-day construction and maintenance and operational management of works programs, including monitoring workflow.
- Lead and be an advocate of compliant safety procedures.
- Maintain a strong customer focus aligned to organisational culture and service delivery strategies.
- Traffic management, plant operation and maintenance.
- Assist in planning, managing and coordinating works operations and team performance.
Qualifications, skill and attributes:
- Previous recent experience supervising construction and/or maintenance works teams.
- Certificate III/IV in Civil Construction - highly regarded.
- Qld traffic controller license, or ability to gain.
- Qld MR driver's license.
- Experience and certificates to operate mechanical plant and equipment.
- Qld Construction Safety induction card (White card).
- Well-developed communication skills.
A great opportunity to take the next step in your civil construction career. Excellent overtime available, subsidised housing and relocation assistance will be considered. If you're ready for a rewarding career move - apply now!
Living and working in the Region
The Barcaldine region, in Central West Queensland, is home to five towns - Alpha, Jericho, Barcaldine, Aramac and Muttaburra - each with a unique charm. The rich heritage, indigenous culture, natural landscapes, variety of fauna and flora, lakes and rivers, arts, events and regular festivals ensure there is something for everyone to enjoy an active and social lifestyle.
How to Apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 26 April 2021.