Whitsunday Regional Council | Collinsville, Qld
- Housing provided, 9-day fortnight, competitive package
- Lead and develop maintenance work teams
- Live and work on the doorstep of the Great Barrier Reef
Whitsunday Regional Council is seeking a Works Coordinator for the Collinsville region to lead the Roads and Drainage team.
Reporting to the Manager Roads and Drainage, the Coordinator will support the planning and delivery of Council's civil works maintenance program.
- Coordination of the works team, including contractors to ensure efficient delivery of projects.
- Workforce leadership and team development.
- Allocation and scheduling of maintenance activities in accordance with Council's identified asset maintenance strategies.
- Ensure adequate resourcing to carry out the works program.
- Lead workplace health and safety requirements and strategies.
Personal Attributes and Qualifications Required:
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role within local government or related entity.
- Well-developed leadership skills with a focus on safety, staff development and positive work culture.
- Possess or could gain (in the short term) Cert III / IV Civil Construction, certificate in traffic management design.
- Well-developed communication, skills, including demonstrated interpersonal, oral and written capability with a solution focused mindset.
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that includes 12% superannuation, 9-day fortnight with accommodation provided. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop your career in an organisation that values its people and provides excellent services to the local region.
How to apply
Please download the candidate information pack to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm on Monday 20 June 2022.