Works Coordinator | Paroo Shire Council | Cunnamulla, Qld
- Lead capital works and maintenance program for Council
- Contribute to the future development of the Paroo Shire region
- Low living costs with nominal rent
The Works Coordinator will lead the delivery of Paroo Shire Council's Maintenance and Capital Works programs ensuring assigned projects are completed with a strong focus on quality standards, allocated timeframes and safety compliance.
Opportunities and Challenges:
- Lead a team who have good work culture and dedicated tenure to Council.
- Develop your career within a structured and funded middle management development program.
- Low living costs with nominal rent, salary sacrifice options, free healthcare and excellent community infrastructure.
- Work-life balance with a vast selection of outdoor pursuit activities.
- Planning and prioritising project work.
- Contribute to the development and success of the Paroo Shire Council region.
Qualifications, skills and attributes:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in the Civil construction industry.
- Capability in leading teams working in civil construction or a related work environment.
- Certificate IV in Civil Construction (or higher) and / or demonstrated experience.
- Well-developed communication skills with the ability to lead and influence staff to achieve positive outcomes.
- The ability to lead and positively influence safety, quality, compliance and human resource regulations.
Located in Southwest Queensland, Paroo Shire covers an area of 47,727 km2 and encompasses the towns of Cunnamulla, Eulo, Yowah, Wyandra and their surrounds. The population of the Shire is approximately 1860. An outstanding individual can make an enormous impact on the region.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 9 May 2022.