Lockyer Valley Regional Council has an opportunity for a Project Safety Officer to join their team. This role is part time position (50%) with flexibility on days worked, initially for a fixed term - 12 Months. You will have demonstrated experience in a similar position or the ability to quickly develop into the role. It is essential that you have demonstrated skills to negotiate, influence and communicate with a range of stakeholders. Ideally you will have a good understanding of safety procedures and compliance requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Work Health and Safety team to assist with the review and analysis of documentation to adhere to legislation. The successful applicant will have experience working in a safety environment and have had exposure to document management and legislative reviews. You will possess the ability to conduct research, data analysis and findings, reach conclusions, compile results and findings and evaluate programs and initiatives. This is a great chance to gain exposure to safety requirements across a variety of departments from Childcare through to Construction in a proactive work environment.
Key Responsibilities and duties;
- Developing and documenting processes to improve work health and safety management
- Provide a high level of administrative support
- Research and review Work Health and Safety Codes of Practice, Australian Standards Guidelines and Industry practices to ensure compliance and audit requirements are met.
- Assist with the ongoing development of Council's Safety Management System
- Provide statistical reporting and analysis of the Council's safety performance
- Review, develop and research legislation relevant to the Guidelines and Codes of Practice
Essential Skills and Experience;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Experience within a safety environment
- Solid administrative experience with the ability to undertake high volumes of legislative reviews
- High attention to detail
- Administrative support for, or exposure to, project management
- Ability to 'hit the ground running'
Council is seeking applications from candidates who have a 'can do' attitude and there is flexibility with the part time roster. Most importantly you will be willing to expand your administrative skills within a work health and safety team.
Please click on the link below to download the informaiton pack for this role or for a confidential discusssion please contact Sarah Healey on 0474 426 986.
Applications close: 5.00pm 15th October 2018.