Burdekin Shire Council | Water & Wastewater Coordinator | Network Operations
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
An outstanding opportunity is available to join Burdekin Shire Council as the Water & Wastewater Coordinator - Network operations. This is a newly created position that provides high quality management of council's water and wastewater reticulation assets.
This role would suit an individual that is looking to take the next step in your career, possibly a senior plumber with relevant experience. You will have good opportunity to expand your earning capacity through overtime and on call requirements.
- Lead your team and develop a working culture that is inclusive, productive and compliant
- Coordination of water and wastewater network operations
- Project management of capital and operational works
- Manage compliance with council's drinking water quality management plan
- Lead the safety culture of your team and contractors
- Develop and implement continuous improvement strategies for the Water & Wastewater Section
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Significant experience in water reticulation services
- A sound knowledge of water regulation and standards
- An understanding of asset management principles and practices
- Cert IV (Diploma) in Water and Waste (or equivalent) is ideal or Mechanical / Civil Engineering qualifications with relevant experience
- Project management experience
- Demonstrated capability to manage a medium sized team
- C Class drivers' licence and construction industry white card
Council is offering an attractive remuneration package that includes a vehicle for commuter use, 12% superannuation (conditions apply), regular overtime and on call earning opportunities. This is a significant career opportunity where you will be provided the mentoring and training to be successful and develop your capabilities.
How to apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications will close on Monday 3rd February 2020 - 5.00pm.