Douglas Shire Council has an opening for a Water Treatment Plant Operator, the main requirement of this role is to assist in the efficient day to day operations of a number of treatment plants across the Douglas Shire Region.
This is a key position within Douglas Shire Council, ensuring safe clean drinking water for the residents and tourist to the region.
The position is open to applications from different levels of experience and backgrounds and will include weekend and on-call duties.
- Water and Wastewater sampling, testing and analysis
- Maintenance of the Water Treatment Plant and surrounding areas
- Operation of Water Treatment plant
- Coordinate external contractors
- Ensure regulatory compliance is adhered to
Required experience and required qualifications;
- Qualifications relevant to the position
- Knowledge of Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant operations
- Physically fit, ability to work at heights and in confined spaces
- Available to participate in weekend overtime and flexible working hours including on call roster
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council is seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for working collaboratively with an established and high performing team. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages its employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture. Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243. Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications for this position will close on Friday 31st August 2018 at 5pm.