Technical Investigations Engineer | Gladstone Regional Council
- Wide variety of technical projects and scenarios
- Competitive salary, 9-day fortnight and lifestyle benefits
- Well supported professional development program
The Technical Investigations Engineer will provide specialist technical support and advice to internal and external customers regarding Roads, Drainage, Wastewater and related infrastructure assets within the Gladstone region.
A key to the success of this role will be your ability to interact with a broad range of stakeholders in the delivery of Civil Engineering technical advice and solutions.
- Complete investigations, option studies, concept designs, detail designs and technical specifications to required engineering standards, Council policies and guidelines.
- Work closely with the Customer Services Request Team, providing high level technical engineering advice.
- Review design drawings and associated cost estimations and documentation.
- Prepare and review professional engineering documents, reports and assessments.
- Work collaboratively with community representatives when providing solutions to community needs.
- Substantial experience in a similar role within private sector, Local Government or related entity.
- Experience in the application of Engineering Design Guidelines, relevant acts and regulations, engineering guidelines and standards. (e.g. Austroads and Water Services Association of Australia)
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering (or a related discipline), together with significant related experience.
- Structured, responsible, accountable and has a strong customer focus (internal and external).
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance the Region's lifestyle and opportunity.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 20 June 2022.