Douglas Shire Council is seeking a Team Leader Water Reticulation
The main requirement of this role is to ensuring effective operations and maintenance of the water distribution system.
- Coordinate daily work programs for staff involved in planned and unplanned works.
- Coordinate the installation of domestic & commercial water connections and reticulation system upgrades throughout the Water Supply areas.
- Maintain a regular and effective maintenance program of all water reticulation, reservoirs and pump stations and water intakes.
- Monitor and control costs associated with operational and capital projects.
- Provide excellent customer service to the community.
Essential Skills and experience include;
- Minimum 5 years-experience in water industry
- knowledge of relevant Water Acts, Regulations, Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Council's standards and Council Policies
- Project and construction management experience
- Experience managing internal and external team members
- Experience with budgets, reporting and stores management
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be part of an organisation with an energetic and collaborative approach with a commitment to meeting the expectations of customers and the communities of Douglas.
Council offers excellent working conditions and a range of generous employee benefits including flexible working arrangements and supports and encourages our employees with training and professional development opportunities.
Douglas Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity employer, promoting workplace diversity and a safety culture.
Positions are open to all candidates however women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009 243.
Applications for this position will close on Friday 7th December 2018.