Team Leader Finance | Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The Team Leader Finance is responsible for the completion of financial activities, complying with relevant legislation and accounting standards and for the effective supervision and leadership of direct reports.
The successful candidate will have a genuine desire to work and live in the Tablelands region. You will be supported in your development and career progression while working for an organisation that values its staff. Council is offering an excellent remuneration package that reflects the contribution this position will make to the organisation and local community.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan, negotiate and coordinate workloads to ensure the accounting tasks are completed on time and in a professional manner, compliant with applicable legislation and accounting standards.
- Coordinate resources across financial, management and system accounting tasks to support senior finance leads.
- Assist with the development and completion of financial activities such as budgets, budget reviews, financial statements, audits, month end processes, treasury functions and the implementation of system process improvements.
- Guide, coach and support the development of staff.
- Develop a customer service focused team that engages with stakeholders to provide strategic financial support and identify continuous improvement opportunities.
Experience and Qualifications Required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant relevant work experience at a senior management level
- Demonstrated supervisory experience
- Demonstrated experience with and understanding of management, financial and systems accounting
- Demonstrated high level customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example and foster a positive culture in a team environment.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role.
Living and Working in the Region
The Tablelands Regional Council serves a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland. The council is a progressive organisation whose key strategic goals include enabling strong economies, vibrant communities, smart centres and long-term planning towards Council 2050.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands is an area of outstanding natural beauty that ranges from tropical rainforest to the Gulf Savannah. The region has endless opportunities to explore and a year-round great climate attracts those who enjoy outdoor adventure sports and leisure pursuits. There are great schools, excellent medical facilities and close access to an international airport.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
For a confidential discussion please contact Gemma Sheridan on 0407 009243.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 17th February 2020.