Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
As the Supervisor Technical Investigations, you will take a leading role in the Infrastructure Services unit of Tablelands Regional Council. You will provide investigations, assessments and advice on roads and drainage, private infrastructure on public land, land tenure matters and heavy vehicle access permissions.
You will be the senior point of contact for members of the public who raise infrastructure issues, applying outstanding customer service and technical skills to follow through with solutions.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Manage and coordinate the overall roads infrastructure technical investigations function to plan and prioritise council's road construction and maintenance works against Council strategies, service levels and Corporate Plan objectives;
- Facilitate strategic planning through effective consultation, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to plan and deliver consistent and agreed levels of service to the community; and
- Lead, mentor and coach staff and ensure relevant training and development to support currency of technical knowledge.
Qualifications and Experience
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or Surveying;
- Alternatively, the ability to attain an Associate Degree within two years of appointment would be desirable;
- Experience as a surveyor or designer or in civil construction; and
- Experience developing solutions to infrastructure issues.
Tablelands Regional Council is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders, people with a disability, and members of racial, ethnic and ethno-religious minority groups are encouraged to apply.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
For a confidential discussion please contact Bernard Maude on 0455 528 779.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 8 July 2019.