Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
About the Role
The Supervisor Infrastructure Technical Investigations will take a leading role in the Infrastructure Services unit of Tablelands Regional Council. They provide investigations, assessments and advice on requests for infrastructure, roads and drainage, private infrastructure on public land, land tenure matters and heavy vehicle access permissions.
The Supervisor Infrastructure Technical Investigations is the senior point of contact for members of the public who raise infrastructure issues, applying outstanding customer service and technical skills to follow through with solutions.
The key responsibilities of this role are to:
- Manage and coordinate the overall civil infrastructure technical investigations function to plan and prioritise requests for road construction and works against Council strategies, service levels and Corporate Plan objectives
- Facilitate strategic planning through effective consultation, engaging with internal and external stakeholders to plan and deliver consistent and agreed levels of service to the community.
- Lead, mentor and coach staff and ensure relevant training and development to support currency of technical knowledge.
Benefits of the Role
- A diverse range of projects
- Opportunity to have a tangible impact on the community
- Flexible work options, 19 day month and 5 weeks annual leave
About the Person
The successful candidate will have a broad range of civil project experience and have the ability to design and develop solutions to issues that are identified by residents and other stakeholders.
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or Surveying. (Alternatively, the ability to attain an Associate Degree within two years of appointment would be desirable.)
- Experience as a surveyor, designer or in civil construction.
- Experience designing and developing solutions to infrastructure issues
Living and Working in the Region
The Tablelands Regional Council serves a community of 25,000 and is located in Atherton, in Queensland. The council is a progressive organisation whose key strategic goals include enabling strong economies, vibrant communities, smart centres and long-term planning towards Council 2050.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands is an area of outstanding natural beauty that ranges from tropical rainforest to the Gulf Savannah. The region has endless opportunities to explore and a year-round great climate attracts those who enjoy outdoor adventure sports and leisure pursuits.
There are great schools, excellent medical facilities and Atherton is close access to an international airport.
How to Apply
Apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 26 August 2019