Supervisor Technical Investigations | Tablelands Regional Council | Atherton, North Qld
Supervise a schedule of technical investigations and facilitate community consultation and service requests as part of the council's roads and drainage asset management program.
The Supervisor manages a planned cycle of investigations and assessment of the council's roads and drainage infrastructure, and manages a broad range of customer and council requests relating to the performance of these assets.
The key focus of the Supervisor Technical Investigations is to assess and advise on requests for infrastructure, roads and drainage, private infrastructure on public land, land tenure matters and heavy vehicle access permissions.
- Supervise and coordinate civil infrastructure technical investigations in a planned and timely manner.
- Manage requests from the community and within council, regarding infrastructure issues and opportunities for infrastructure upgrades and capital works.
- Effectively engage with internal and external stakeholders to prioritise requests for civil maintenance works.
- Lead, mentor and share knowledge to develop the technical investigation team's skills and capabilities and build a culture of collaboration and support.
The successful candidate will have broad experience civil asset inspection, high standards of customer service and outstanding assessment and reporting skills.
Experience, Qualifications and Requirements
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Civil Engineering or Surveying. (Alternatively, the ability to attain an Associate Degree within two years of appointment would be desirable.)
- Experience as a surveyor, designer or in civil construction.
Located in Far North Queensland, about 100 kilometres west of Cairns International Airport, the Tablelands is an area of outstanding natural beauty that ranges from tropical rainforest to the Gulf Savannah. The region offers endless opportunities for outdoor adventure sports and leisure pursuits.
How to Apply
Please download the Candidate Information Pack for full details of this role. Follow the instructions on how to apply.
Applications close: 5.00pm Monday 13 July 2020