Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a talented Strategy and Transformation Specialist. This is a new role in the organisation with a focus on delivering an organisational wide transformation program which will deliver structured and continued benefits in the coming years.
Reporting to the General Manager of Strategy and Planning, you will develop a robust strategy which will see engagement, economic growth and governance to the organisation.
- Develop and communicate strategic and operational planning frameworks
- Identify, develop and communicate industry best practice strategies, commercial opportunities and partnerships to optimise financial outcomes, community aspirations and environmentally sustainable solutions.
- Lead the review and preparation of Councils Corporate Strategy
- Work with Finance, Governance and Risk to establish Corporate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provide high-level specialist advice and reports to the CEO, Councillors and stakeholders on Council's approach to economic development and make recommendations for changes in Council policy, local laws, or advocacy plans to support economic development initiatives for the region.
You will be degree qualified and applicants with an MBA or AICD Diploma will be highly regarded.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. The Council delivers essential services to the community and promotes sustainable growth of the region, with a strong focus on creating a safe, inclusive and efficient workforce and providing opportunity for personal growth and career development for its 650-plus employees.
Gladstone Regional Council is looking for enthusiastic, forward-thinking achievers whose talents and expertise will help direct Council and the Region's community into a new and exciting future.
Council offers its employees great incentives including flexible superannuation options (up to 12% for eligible employees), salary packaging options, learning and development programs and health and wellbeing services.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. You will be required to complete a Criminal History Check if you are successful with your application.
Click below to download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application. For a confidential discussion please contact Kelly-Ann Lynch on 0425 343 293.
Applications will close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.