Strategic Property Specialist | Gladstone Regional Council
- Wide variety of strategic and operational responsibilities - no two days the same
- Make a lasting contribution to community
- Enjoy a generous salary and lifestyle benefits
Gladstone Regional Council is seeking a Strategic Property Specialist to ensure Council owned assets are managed in a financially sustainable way, consistent with Council's strategic goals and in the best interests of the community.
Reporting to the General Manager Strategic Asset Performance the Strategic Property Specialist will provide high level management and leadership oversight of the Strategic Property Management function at Council.
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Effectively manage lease renewals and negotiate new leases including access agreements, ensuring compliance to minimise Council risks.
- Negotiate and manage acquisition and disposal processes (including leases and easements and other land dealings) to conclusion ensuring Council's strategic objectives are supported and future needs protected and optimised.
- Lead and develop a small, specialist high-performance team.
- Experience managing a similar position ideally within a complex customer focused environment.
- Strong negotiation, influencing and stakeholder management skills.
- Strong financial, analytical, and reporting skills including risk management.
- Understanding of the legal requirements associated with acquiring and disposing (including leasing and other secondary interests) of property.
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation including Land Act 1994 (Qld), Land Titles Act 1994 (Qld) and Local Government Act 2009 (Qld) and corresponding regulation.
- Degree qualification in Property related discipline, or other relevant qualification.
The Gladstone Region is a dynamic Central Queensland coastal region that provides an enviable lifestyle and economic stability for more than 63,000 residents. Gladstone Regional Council is committed to a dynamic, proud and diverse future for the Gladstone region that focuses on working together to balance the Region's lifestyle and opportunity.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 30 May 2022.