Strategic Asset Engineer | Richmond Valley Council | Casino, NSW
- Strategic asset planning and lifecycle management
- Newly created role, make it your own
- Live and work in the iconic Northern Rivers (NSW) region
Richmond Valley Council is seeking an asset management engineer to provide strategic planning for assets and system improvements and provide recommendations on capital works renewal programs and projects to maintain compliance with Council policies, strategies, guidelines and specifications.
As the Strategic Asset Engineer, you will coordinate strategic asset planning, continue to develop asset data and infrastructure information systems and influence the delivery of best practice asset management for the organisation and the community.
This is an ideal opportunity to apply your asset management expertise in managing roads, buildings, water, sewer and stormwater assets with a focus on data quality, asset planning and lifecycle management while providing strategic input to the 10-year capital works program.
- Play a key role in leading and influencing the community's sustainability through the delivery of best practice asset management programs.
- Be an influencer, improving and transitioning council's asset management plans and strategies.
- Apply strong technical skills and experience to continuously improve council's asset management functions.
- Live and work in the iconic Northern Rivers region, presenting idyllic lifestyle opportunities and the opportunity to work a 19-day month.
- Develop your asset management career in a supportive work environment.
Qualifications, skills and attributes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in contemporary asset management principles, processes and systems in local government or similar entity.
- Degree qualification in Civil Engineering/computer science/accounting, or asset management related field and/or extensive experience in asset related works.
- Sound interpersonal communication skills to foster a strong customer service approach.
- Experience in a systems-based approach to the collection, recording and maintenance of asset data.
Council is offering an attractive remuneration package that includes private use vehicle, generous relocation assistance and continuous career development.
Please download the candidate information pack to view the Position Description and Selection Criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 13 December 2021.