North Burnett Region - Naturally Beautiful - Why would you live and work anywhere else?
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
The North Burnett Regional Council is seeking a new Sport and Recreation Officer.
This is an ideal time to join council's progressive team and further develop your career as Sport and Recreation Officer.
- Deliver actions from the Sport & Recreation Infrastructure and Strategic Plan 2018 - 2028.
- Support local sporting organisations with community projects.
- Lead and support sporting complexes and relevant committees around the region, including attending regular meetings.
- Continue to develop and maintain partnerships with local, state and regional sporting bodies and key stakeholders.
- Manage and deliver actions as part of the Healthy North Burnett initiative.
- Coordinate operations of Community Gym complexes.
Required Experience and Required Qualifications:
- Current Certificate IV in Fitness (or similar qualification).
- High level communication, consultative, interpersonal and negotiating skills (both oral and written), with a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with relevant stakeholders at strategic and operational levels.
- High level of computer-based systems skills, including business related application software.
- Sports facility and / or event management experience.
- Tertiary qualifications in a discipline relevant to the position - highly regarded.
- Unrestricted drivers' licence - 'C' class is essential.
- Positive Notice Blue Card or ability to acquire immediately.
Apply with covering letter addressing the Position section of this information pack.
The application period will close at 5pm on Monday 15th July 2019.