Social Media and Communications Officer | Balonne Shire Council | St George, Qld
- Kick start your career in Journalism
- Deliver contemporary media and communication content,
- Showcase your digital media skills
Balonne Shire Council is seeking a passionate social media and communications professional to deliver timely, relevant, accurate, and consistent information across different mediums, including social media platforms, print, radio, television and online media.
Reporting to the Corporate Communications Manager, the Social Media and Communication Officer, will maximise contemporary and traditional media coverage, build relationships with key stakeholders, and engage with the community to promote and expand the Council's media presence.
This is an excellent opportunity for a recent Graduate or someone who has been in the workforce a few years. In this role, no two days are the same, as work locations across the Shire and hours vary due to events and community happenings.
- Showcase your digital media skills on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
- Become an integral part of the community while expanding media opportunities.
- Prepare press releases, speeches, briefing notes, and presentations that represent the voice of the Council.
- Produce internal and external newsletters and put publications together.
- Act as a critical link between Council and the media.
- Broaden your skillsets and knowledge and experience in a rural environment.
- Tertiary qualifications in marketing, communications, or business is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of contemporary communications and social media technology.
- Exceptional research and writing skills to produce relevant and up-to-date content.
- Proficient communication skills to consult and negotiate with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, graphic and/or web design.
Join a professional and friendly team of over 90 staff, who are committed to delivering services to the 4,000 plus residents and visitors. Balonne Shire Council promotes sustainable communities and residents enjoy outdoor lifestyles, where sport and recreation are focal points in the community. View the 'Welcome to Balonne' pack here.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.