Senior Workplace Health & Safety Officer - Southeast Queensland
- Promote Workplace Health and Safety best practice
- Assist in developing WHS Risk Management Framework
- Generous hourly rate
Leading Roles is seeking a temporary Senior Workplace Health and Safety Officer for a three-month contract, with possible extension.
The Senior Workplace Health and Safety Officer will assist our client's Human Resources team to ensure all staff are familiar with their Workplace Health and Safety (WHS) obligations and responsibilities. Working closely with the HR team, you will provide expert advice to ensure all staff are contributing to a safe work environment and risk and injuries are minimised.
- Provide WHS advice in a timely, accurate and customer friendly manner
- Ensure that all WHS related policies and procedures are in line with relevant legislation
- Assist in ensuring that staff adhere to WHS related obligations and mandatory responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an effective WHS Risk Management Framework.
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant WH&S qualification or related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all WHS related legislation
- Demonstrated knowledge of WHS Risk Management practices and procedures.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
The application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.
Apply now or contact Michelle Nguyen on 0402 088 617 for a confidential discussion about the role.