Senior Workplace Health & Safety Officer - Temp Role
- Promote WHS best practice
- Assist in developing WHS risk management framework
- Sunshine Coast contract opportunity
Leading Roles is seeking a Senior Workplace Health and Safety Officer for a three-month contract on the Sunshine Coast, with possible extension.
As the Senior Workplace Health and Safety Officer, you will assist our client's Human Resources team to ensure all staff are familiar with their Workplace Health and Safety obligations and responsibilities. Working closely with the HR team, the Senior Workplace Health and Safety Officer provides expert advice to ensure all staff are contributing to a safe work environment and mitigating risk and injuries.
- Ensure that all WHS related policies and procedures comply with relevant legislation
- Assist in ensuring that staff adhere to WHS related obligations and mandatory responsibilities
- Assist in the development and maintenance of an effective WHS risk management framework
- Provide WHS advice in a timely, accurate and customer friendly manner
Essential skills and experience:
- Relevant WH&S qualification or related experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of all WHS related legislation and risk management practices and procedures
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.