Senior Work Health and Safety Professional - North Queensland
- Manage WHS audits and advocate for continuous improvement
- Implement safety initiatives and risk management programs
- 3-month contract, possible extension
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Work Health and Safety Professional to manage WHS audits, assist with WHS training and promote a positive safety culture and environment. As the Senior Work Health and Safety Professional, you will provide advice and recommendations, ensure WHS legislation, policies and procedures are implemented and drive awareness to mitigate risk and injuries in the workplace. This is a three-month contract with possible extension.
- Manage current audit, investigate incidents and identify areas for improvement
- Ensure that WHS policies and procedures are compliant with legislation
- Observe and monitor WHS activities to ensure compliance and effective implementation in the workplace
- Assist with planning and implementing WHS staff training, safety initiatives and risk management programs to drive awareness and promote a culture of compliance
Essential skills and experience
- Relevant WHS qualifications - Diploma or higher and significant experience in a similar role
- Prior experience in managing WHS audits
- Demonstrated knowledge of all WHS related legislation
- Experience leading workplace health, safety and wellbeing initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Well-developed time management and organisational skills
- Previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply Now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.