Senior Work Health & Safety Advisor - Far North QLD
- Contribute to the organisational safety strategy
- Drive safety programs that promote a culture of safety comes first
- Three month contract with possible extension, self-contained accommodation provided
Leading Roles is seeking an experienced Senior Work Health and Safety Advisor for our local government client. This is a three-month contract with possible extension and self-contained accommodation will be provided for the duration of this contract.
The Senior Work Health and Safety Advisor works closely with management and staff across all operations, developing work health and safety strategies and providing support and information to foster a proactive and positive workplace safety culture. Additionally, the Senior Work Health and Safety Advisor will promote continuous improvements in workplace health and safety and implement initiatives to mitigate risk and improve safety performance across the organisation.
- Lead allocated site visits, inspections, incident investigations and collaborate with leaders and supervisors to develop action plans for the timely implementation of sustainable corrective actions
- Mentor and influence leaders and supervisors to become safety leaders and build a positive safety culture across the organisation
- Review, maintain and improve the Health & Safety Management System to ensure a holistic approach is taken to managing health and safety and reducing risk across the business
- Ensure compliance with legislative requirements across all aspects of health and safety including maintaining a current working knowledge across all facets of health, safety and wellbeing
- Identify training needs, develop and deliver effective health and safety induction and training programs to new and existing employees and contractors.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualifications in Workplace, Health and Safety or related discipline (Cert IV or above).
- Strong communication skills to inspire and influence positive safety behaviours
- Comprehensive knowledge of and experience in interpreting and applying legislation, awards, industrial instruments and workplace policies
- Experience developing and coordinating the delivery of work health and safety training
- Sound knowledge of work health and safety legislative frameworks.
Outstanding communication, interpersonal and customer service skills are essential and previous experience working in a local government will be highly regarded.
How to Apply
Apply now as the application period will close once a suitable applicant has been identified.