Senior Treatment Operator - Water and Wastewater | Burdekin Shire Council | Ayr, Qld
Lead, mentor and train water treatment operators to ensure environmental compliance of water treatment plants in the Burdekin Shire.
The Senior Treatment Operator - Water and Wastewater is a newly created role within Burdekin Shire Council's Water and Wastewater operations team. This is a hands-on role where you will lead and develop a medium sized team in the effective treatment of water and wastewater for the Burdekin region.
You will be provided with support and development opportunities, while undertaking a leadership role in the operation and maintenance of water treatment plants and pump stations to ensure environmental compliance with statutory license conditions are managed to the highest possible standards.
Council is seeking an individual who wants to grow and commit to the role and organisation for the long term.
- Monitor SCADA and telemetry systems.
- Lead, mentor, develop and train treatment operators and supporting staff.
- Schedule and lead quality testing, recording and reporting to ensure compliance of treatment plants with statutory licence conditions and regulations.
- Perform routine treatment plant inspections to monitor operational condition of the plant and maintain plant operating capability.
- Coordinating maintenance work or configuration changes.
- Respond promptly to operational changes to ensure treated water and wastewater comply with licence and guideline standards.
- Ensure that processes are frequently monitored, chemicals and dosing levels are maintained, and dosing equipment adjusted as required.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated relevant experience in water and wastewater treatment operations
- Minimum Certificate III - Water Industry Operations with the ability to gain Cert IV in the near future
- C Class Driver's License
- Demonstrated capabilities to lead and mentor work teams
- General construction induction White Card
- RIIWHS202D - Enter and work in confined spaces
- RIIWHS204D - Working at Heights
- Qldwater Aqua Card
Council is offering a competitive remuneration package that is considerably enhanced through overtime and on call work, a trade vehicle including commuter use and up to 12% superannuation (Conditions apply). You will be supported in your career growth and training while working for an organisation, that values its people.
The Burdekin Shire is the sugar capital of Australia and one of the most prosperous rural communities in the country. It's a well-known fishing mecca, with access to barramundi, mud crabs and off-coast reef fishing. The Burdekin is also the closest point to the world-famous SS Yongala wreck, ranked as one of the top 10 dive sites in the world.
How to apply
Download the Candidate Information Pack for this role and apply with a covering letter addressing the Position section of the information pack. Click Apply Now to submit your application.
Applications will close on Monday 28th September 2020 - 5.00pm.