Lockyer Valley Regional Council is seeking a Senior Technical officer to join the infrastructure Planning and Design unit in a part time capacity (3 Days per week) - fixed term contract for 18 months.
You will work within a small team and take a senior role in mentoring junior staff within the work group. Bring your sound knowledge and experience in the delivery of capital and operational works projects, from a civil engineering perspective. You will also apply your experience to road and drainage procedures and addressing enquiries relating to parks, open spaces and other areas of Council's infrastructure as required.
- Review and prepare reports investigating issues and enquiries associated with roads, traffic management and development applications.
- Prepare and manage projects within the Infrastructure Planning and Design's Operational Plans and Capital Works commitments to Council.
- Review and prepare reports addressing issues relating with parks and open spaces and other areas of Council infrastructure as required.
- Assist with the delivery of Capital Works and Operational Works projects for the Infrastructure Works & Services Group.
- Provide advice and assist other internal staff in making sound recommendations and decisions.
- Knowledge of engineering standards including road and drainage design and construction manuals such as MUTCD, QUDM, Austroads Manuals.
- Project management / contractor / contract management.
- Sound knowledge of civil and transport planning processes and demonstrated experience in undertaking/managing traffic management studies.
- Current knowledge of systems such as MapInfo or Exponare, Microsoft Office and TechnologyOne.
- Sound knowledge of PC based design systems, various surveying equipment, transport planning models, and field-testing equipment - desirable.
- Civil engineer or extensive demonstrated experience in a similar role, ideally in a local government environment.
- C Class Manual Driver's License.
This position is located in Lockyer Valley Region, in Queensland's South-East corner with close proximity to Brisbane, the Sunshine and Gold Coasts and the Darling Downs Region.
The Lockyer Valley Regional Council serves a community of 39,000 and is located in the agricultural heart of South East Queensland - Council employs approximately 350 staff and an annual budget of $56M
Team fit will be critical to success in this role. Council are seeking candidates who can demonstrate integrity, maturity, excellent communication skills and keenness to work collaboratively with an established and high performing team.
Council is offering an excellent remuneration package dependent on experience and qualifications, reflecting the key role that this position takes in the organisation and community of the Lockyer Valley.
You must be an Australian Citizen or hold the appropriate visa to work in Australia to apply for this role. Leading Roles will undertake checks to confirm your right to work in Australia at offer stage.
Please download the Information Pack below or for a confidential discussion please contact Rob Maxwell on 0407 164 600.
Applications will close on Monday 27th August 2018 at 5pm.