Senior Technical Officer (Infrastructure Assets) | Gladstone Regional Council - Central Queensland
- Play a key role in the management and maintenance of asset information.
- Support and contribute to delivery and input for Asset Information Project.
- Join a progressive Council on an asset management growth journey.
Leading Roles are seeking a Senior Technical Officer (Infrastructure Assets) for Gladstone Regional Council to support asset management, data integrity and maintenance of Council's infrastructure asset register and geographical information layers (GIS). The Senior Technical Officer is an integral role in providing governance and oversight in Council's asset management framework and information. This role provides opportunities for professional development and ability to influence improvements within the Asset Governance team.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of Council's infrastructure asset register (roads, drainage, transport, water, sewerage, land, buildings, park furniture and other structures) in accordance with relevant Australian standards, legislation and best practice.
- Managing and ensuring accuracy of large volumes of data for assets within MyData.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of Council's geographical information layers relating to infrastructure assets in accordance with relevant Australian standards, legislation and best practice.
- As Senior Technical Officer you will provide support and advice regarding technical asset information to the business.
- To support and own data for Asset Information Project.
- To support input into Strategic Asset Management Plan and Asset Management Plans.
- To utilise technical asset knowledge and experience with Asset Governance team and the business.
- To bring improvements to processes and procedures.
- To support asset management reporting for Council.
- To utilise knowledge and expertise for Feature Manipulation Engine software (FME), Microsoft Standard Query Language (MSSQL) and business intelligence/integration software to transform data into other sources, reports or validation.
- As Gladstone Regional Council is on an asset management growth journey, there may be areas that need improvement for processes, systems, knowledge or information.
- Year end activities are time sensitive, which requires managing competing priorities and stakeholders accordingly.
Gladstone Regional Council provides a range of benefits for their employees including a 9-day fortnight, relocation assistance, employee assistance program, discounted gym membership and free physio.
How to Apply
Please download the candidate information package to view the position description and selection criteria before submitting your application.
Applications close 5pm Monday 13 June 2022.